- Primary Clutch Puller Ski-doo (P/N 529035746)
- 14 MM Socket
- 17MM Socket
- 22MM Socket
- Phillips Screw Driver
- 8MM End Wrench
- Flat Head Screw Driver
- Large Hammer
- Ski-doo belt removal tool (P/N 708200720)
- Punch set
- Skidoo Governor Cup Puller (P/N 529036350)
- Spring compression Tool
Removing Factory Components:
- Using a flat head screw driver remove intake tube.
- Locate and remove the 11 T30 screws to remove plastic clutch cover.
- With factory belt removal tool remove belt
- Using socket size 17mm remove secondary clutch bolt.
- Slide secondary clutch off your machine and place on work bench for disassembly.
- Using factory primary clutch puller, remove primary clutch off machine.
Primary Clutch Disassembly:
- Using governor cup puller (or a hammer and the clutch puller) split your primary.
- The moveable sheave and spider will come off the fixed sheave from the front.
- Remove top side of clutch being careful to not lose 3 buttons & O-rings
- Remove the 12 factory buttons using a utility knife to pry off. Be careful not to break them.
- With a press or hammer and punch remove 6 roller pins
- Replace factory plastic rollers with Ibexx metal rollers
- Place one thick and one thin washer per roller
- Carefully align roller and slide pin back in place
- Using an 8mm and a T25 Remove factory weights
- Install Ibexx weights, re-use factory weight spacers
- With T30 remove the 7 bolts to release primary spring using a clutch spring compressing tool
- Replace factory spring with Ibexx orange spring
- Reinstall primary clutch and torque to factory 89 LB-ft
Secondary Clutch Disassembly:
- Using a clutch spring compressing tool, compress secondary to release spring pressure.
- Remove the three 14 MM bolts on the back of the clutch.
- Using a long screw driver hold the helix from spinning
- Slowly back out the compression tool to allow helix and spring to be accessible
- Reuse factory black secondary spring
- Replace factory helix with Ibexx custom helix
- Place spring on helix cap position #1
- Rotate 120 degree clockwise and rotate to tighten bolt to position #3
- Replace factory rollers with provided metal rollers
- Small spacers must be inserted with one thick and one thin spacer per roller
- Secondary is now ready to install back on machine
- Replace 17MM bolt and torque to 52LB-FT
Magnet Position Recommendations: 1 Magnet = big magnet, .5 Magnet = small magnet
Magnet position image found below(Fig.2)
|Model||Weight||Magnet position First hole||Second hole||Third Hole||Spring Hole location||Spring wind & bolt position|
|2017 x3 Stock||Green 40||1||0||0||1||120 degrees position #3|
|2017 x3 Evo Stage 1||Green 40||1.5||0||0||1||120 degrees position #3|
|2018 x3 Stock||Green 40||1.5||0||0||1||120 degrees position #3|
|2018 x3 Evo Stage 1||Green 40||1.5||0||0||1||120 degrees position #3|
|2018 x3 Evo Stage 2||Green 40||2||0||0||1||120 degrees position #3|
|2018 x3 Evo Stage 3||Green 40||2||0||0||1||120 degrees position #3|